The term ‘BEC Distribution Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without [business name]’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Terms & Conditions of Sale:
All orders for products and services on the BEC website are accepted by BEC Distribution Limited subject to these terms and conditions of sale. No other terms will apply to the supply of products and services by BEC unless agreed in writing by an authorised signatory of BEC or expressly stated otherwise in these terms and conditions of sale.
All descriptions of the products and services contained on the BEC website or otherwise communicated to the Customer are approximate only and shall not form any part of the contract between BEC and the Customer. BEC shall not be liable to the Customer for any errors or omissions in its catalogue. The advertising of products and services on the BEC website is not an offer capable of acceptance, it merely constitutes an invitation by BEC for the Customer to make an offer to purchase products and services.
These terms and conditions of sale do not apply to export transactions, to which separate terms and conditions of sale apply.
BEC is a business-to-business supplier. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions of sale shall affect the statutory rights of a Customer who deals as a consumer.
The prices of the products and services are as set out on the BEC website at the date of despatch of the ordered products or the date of provision of the ordered services. Customer is informed that prices and products are subject to change. All prices exclude VAT, which BEC will add at the rate applicable at the date of order despatch. BEC reserves the right to change prices without prior notice at any time.
BEC reserves the right to decline to trade with any company or person. In addition, BEC may decline to accept any order, whether or not payment has been received, by giving notice of non-acceptance to the Customer by telephone or facsimile within a reasonable period of receipt by BEC of the order.
BEC executes orders to the Customer’s requirements, and does not substitute one product for another unless requested by the Customer, or unless the product has been superseded by the latest version. To the extent that orders cannot be fulfilled completely from stock, the unfulfilled balance will (at the Customer’s option) either be put on back order to be fulfilled when BEC next has available stock or be cancelled.
The Customer must submit orders using the BEC or manufacturer stock / part numbers and the priced units used in BEC quotation and must specify which delivery option is required. If the Customer confirms telephone, fax or internet orders, the confirmation must be marked ‘CONFIRMATION ONLY’ to avoid duplication. If the Customer orders the wrong product or number of products, or duplicates orders, the provisions of clause 5 will apply.
BEC will aim to deliver products in accordance with the Customer’s order. The Customer’s delivery options, and the prices for them, are set out on the BEC website current at the date of order or will be notified to the Customer at the time of order. Delivery prices apply per order, irrespective of the number of products ordered. Delivery will be made to the Customer’s usual business address, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Times and dates for delivery quoted on the BEC website or by BEC’s employees are approximate only and BEC shall not be liable for the consequences of any delay in delivery. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence.
If any delivery is late, the Customer must notify BEC, and BEC will endeavour to ascertain if the product has been delivered or the expected delivery time of the product to the Customer. BEC may also, at its discretion, refund the total delivery charge to the Customer. If a revised delivery time is not acceptable BEC may also, at its discretion, offer an alternative delivery option. These are the Customer’s exclusive remedies for late delivery.
5. Cancellations and Returns
The Customer may not cancel orders once accepted by BEC. BEC may, at its discretion and in writing, allow an order to be cancelled subject to EBC recovering from the Customer the costs incurred by BEC. In the event of cancellation of part of any order only, BEC may invoice the Customer any difference in selling price per unit applicable to the quantity actually despatched up to the time of cancellation compared to the quantity ordered.
The Customer may only return products to BEC, and receive a credit or refund and on the following conditions:
i. The Customer must contact BEC prior to the return of any products and obtain the prior consent of BEC and obtain a returns number (to be quoted on all returned paperwork);
ii. Return must be made within 30 days of the date of delivery (as stated on the delivery documentation). Products must be returned to BEC in their original condition and packaging and in a condition which will enable them to be immediately fit for re-sale. Products must be returned to BEC adequately packed and despatched freight prepaid, clearly labelled to: CUSTOMER RETURNS DEPARTMENT, BEC Distribution Limited, Unit 3, 20 Park Street, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, HP27 9AH, UK.
iii. The Customer must quote the invoice details or the BEC reference number on the BEC Customer Returns Form from the original despatch note, otherwise any credit given for the returned products will be based upon the lowest sales price; and
iv. For products returned due to Customer error or no longer required and returned in accordance with (i) – (iii) above a handling charge will be applied. This handling charge is set out on the BEC website.
v. Products supplied by BEC in quantities less than manufacturers standard packaging are subject to NCNR conditions.
vi. Products supplied to customers on a Pro-Forma basis are subject to NCNR conditions.
Where the Customer returns products to BEC not in accordance with (i) – (iii) above (for example, after 30-days from the date of despatch or in an unfit state) BEC will refuse delivery and return the products at the Customer’s expense or may apply a handling charge which relates to the actual cost of reprocessing (subject to the minimum charge set out on the BEC website).
In addition, BEC will not accept returned ESD sensitive devices where the integrity of the original BEC ESD shielding packaging has been compromised e.g. the bag has been opened and resealed or multiple bags have been stapled together.
BEC accepts no responsibility for any loss of or damage to products in transit from Customer to BEC or for any items received by BEC with them.